Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Long time no blog

Is anyone still out there??? 

I'm still here!  Just been taking a much needed break from it all.  Probably too long of a break at this point.

Weight-wise: Been maintaining in the old range, though the last 2 days a pound over.  Fully aware it needs to be reined in.  One bit of good news is that I've been able to cut down on weighing quite a bit, once a day to once every other day.  In a way I think it's let me have a break, in a way I think it's allowed me to get lazy

Workout-wise: Nada.  Been full of excuses.  Will get a random workout in then not doing anything forever.

Food-wise:  Been eating like crap, eating too much, and overall not feeding my body food that makes me feel good.

Head-wise: In some ways better, in some ways worse.  Rubberband effect.  Tried so hard to get to a point where I don't care, now I don't care.  Well, I really can't say I don't care, otherwise I'd  not be here writing and trying to figure out how to get my head back in the game.

Feeling lame in general.  It's hard to get back on track, but it must be done.  Yes, technically I've been maintaining, but it has been more of a let's-see-how-much-crap-I-can-eat plus no workouts type of "maintaining", and that's not very wise, healthy, or good for me.

Another crap thing I've realized is how bored I am now that weight loss isn't my focus.  It consumed so much of my time and thoughts that I am kind of lost.  I think I know how to fix it, or at least starting fixing it, but I'm being so lazy and lame.  I know a LOT of that feeling comes from inactivity and crap food making me feel lethargic.  All problems right now seem to stem from unhealthy habits I've picked back up.  GO FIGURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, don't worry (if you have been) about me.  It's all a process, and I'm really hoping to finally find some middle ground.

3 comments:

  1. I literally was doing exactly what you described...let's see how much I can get away with without watching my weight. I did exercise but it didn't outdo my larger portions. It was healthy food but still too much.

    Good luck to you! I'm starting anew in June :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still here, still cheering for you. Maintenance is so tough precisely because it is both very specific and very loose. You have freedom and choices, but maintaining the balance, ather than simply pushing the energy deficit and moving downward, is arguably a harder challenge for so many people. The good thing is that it gets easier with practice.

    Pick up a new hobby if you can, too. New sport, craft, etc etc. I find knitting and piano helps me mental focus when weight loss isn't such a part of it, but it's a really individual thing.

    I'm hoping your mojo returns. And you too, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find myself eating "bad" things closer I get to goal. Like I'm telling myself that "oh you haven't weighed this in years, you deserve a reward". That reward being cookies or chips. I keep catching myself thankfully and get right back at it, but I need to nip it in the bud before it even begins. I still have another 20lbs to go (30 if we're talking vanity pounds :). Glad to see you back!

    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete