Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

DIY Fail

Pinterest has inspired me a lot to think about making more things myself, rather than buying them.  I have plans to make my own Laundry Detergent (after my current enormous bottle runs out), this is a recipe I've found everywhere and from the research I've done it seems great.  I ran across some home made shampoo recipes and in the mean time I found something called No-Poo that seemed so amazing.  I thought to myself, wow how awesome would I be if I could do this and save tons of money and also be so eco-friendly and low maintenance.  FIRST FAIL.  My hair was like, well, it was like, just awful!  Not for me at all, couldn't get a comb through it.  So I thought, ok fine, I had found another awesome sounding Coconut Shampoo recipe that sounded just lovely, tons of great reviews for it, and yes a few it didn't work for too.  I made it and used it.  SECOND FAIL!  O-M-G, my hair looked like it was in dreadlocks after it dried.  Just clumps of hair, it felt as though I had put a ton of wax in it.  Again, couldn't get a comb through it, not even my widest tooth comb.

THEN, one of my other DIY ventures, a closet ceiling wrapping paper storage (here's a pic for ya):







I hear a CRASH, so I walk down the hall and see both cats on our bed all puffed up looking at the closet.  I look over to the closet and it looked as though the closet had thrown up Christmas.  THIRD FAIL.  Now yes, this one indeed was user error 100%, and it can be fixed, I just thought it was funny that within a 24 hour period just about everything I tried to DIY totally failed.  I am a little discouraged, but I am going to keep trying different things.  As far as the shampoo though, that I will just stick to store bought!

No comments:

Post a Comment