Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Still here, still workin' it

I haven't been blogging much; I haven't been on the computer much.  BUT I wanted to check in.

I decided as to reach my goals by the desired time frames, that I needed to start counting and tracking again.  So back to My Fitness Pal I went.  I also (for real) rededicated myself to working out.  Weight training 3-4 times a week, cardio 3-7 times a week (my motivation ebbs and flows so when it's flowing I will take advantage by going everyday, when it's dead I will still do it 3xs).  Anyway, down to 163.4 now and really closing in on a normal weight (8 1/2 pounds to go).  While my goal is still 28.4 pounds away, my trainer thinks I really only have 15 - 20 more to lose, so we'll see.  I'd still really love to be in the 130s, but around 145 would be where I was at on my wedding day, and I looked pretty good.

I still would really love to do the half marathon in January.  I know I've been super flaky going back and for on whether to do the whole or the half.  I think the whole is out of reach at this point, and honestly I just am not willing to dedicate that much time to running right now.  I think the half is totally doable.  I've gotten a couple runs in this week already and my endurance is still pretty good.  I think I'll try and see how far I can run later this week (or today, who knows), and find out if I can beat that 7 mile record I have.  I really have found that if I want to have a good long run, I absolutely have to eat within about a half hour of going otherwise my tank gets empty and I can't push as far as I'd like.

That's all for now.  I'll definitely check in again soon.

1 comment: