Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Vanity and Guns

The more weight I lose the more vain I am becoming.  I don't really see it as a bad thing actually, considering how many years I've lived ashamed of my appearance.  I've found myself more concerned with my clothes, shoes, makeup, hair, and lately -- muscles.  I'm becoming very obsessed with this, which I think is also a positive thing.  The last time I lost a significant amount of weight (50 pounds back in '05/'06) I never lifted (hardly every anyway) and while I lost weight and got smaller, my body fat % was still pretty high.  I was definitely "skinny fat".  I had about the same body fat % then at 142 pounds as I do now at 163 pounds (WOW!).  I haven't been terribly consistent with my weight training, but more consistent than any other time in my life.  Yesterday I had Luke in the baby carrier and I passed the mirror (hand on my hip) and saw some visible MUSCLE.  I was impressed with myself and took a picture (below).  I don't really have any pictures of "before" at this angle, but take my word for it, it's an improvement!

I have committed to 6 weeks of this current weight training program (about 4 and a half weeks left).  BUT, after that I am starting the New Rules of Lifting for Women (they have several books in the series for different things) program.  I just got the book and am completely STOKED to start it.  I will definitely keep record of all concerning that!

I'm getting very close to a normal weight, and not that far off of my estimated goal weight, I really need to concentrate on weight training.  No point in being skinny just for skinny's sake.  I want to look GOOD!

2 comments:

  1. I can really see the muscle definition! I know what you mean about finding yourself more vain than usual. I think it's nice to make yourself a priority!

    Have a wonderful rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Sorry I've lost touch with you lately... I don't know where you went on my FB :) Anyhow, I just wanted to say, "awesome!" Really proud of your achievement. It's not easy. How do you like "New Rules of Lifting"? I've been doing the guys' book bc I don't have the women's one. It's pretty good. Coming from someone who's genetically "skinny," I love weight training because it helps me fill out in the right places... lol! we must compare notes next time we visit!
    ciao, girl!

    ReplyDelete