Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Getting. So. Close!

Only 2.2 pounds to escape obesity.  I've lost 31.8 pounds in just over 11 weeks, 48 pounds total since December.

I had a bad day yesterday, set off by my fitness assessment on Friday.  I'm over it now though.  And I honestly don't know why I let things get to me when I know, logically, they don't matter!

I went to the Good Form Running clinic at Runner's Den yesterday.  It's free, and if you are a runner, or want to be a runner, or may one day think about running, I'd definitely suggest going to this.  It's a small class so it's usually a few weeks out before you can get in, it's just 70 minutes, and it's always on Saturdays.  And honestly they just want to help you run, they don't angle a sales pitch at all.  Once my leg heals I will definitely be practicing my form, and then I'll be going back to the class after a few months to see how I've improved.

After my Adventure Run on Thursday, my injury has flared up again.  2 weeks wasn't enough rest I guess.  So I will be resting it for a couple more weeks before attempting anything like that again.  I suppose running that half a mile on Friday for my assessment didn't help either, but I DID shave 1:06 off my half mile time!  That's pretty darn good, especially on an injury.  Then of course there were the small running drills at the Running Class that probably also didn't help.  Ok, for real, rest now!

No comments:

Post a Comment