Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Rant

Two things that are important to me; two things that I cling to: DO it or DON'T do it, but don't freaking complain about it if you aren't willing to change it --  and, NO EXCUSES! 

If it is something you cannot change, change your outlook, change your attitude.  If it is something you CAN change, then DO!  If you are not willing to change, that is fine, but stop complaining.  You are the master of your life, YOU control your own destiny.  Ya, life throws some shit at you sometimes, maybe even all the time, but I guarantee there is someone out there who has it worse but who is still working their ass off to attain their goals. 

If there is one thing I cannot stand, that just irritates me to no end, it's people who constantly bitch and moan about things in their life that they have full control over changing, but just choose not to.  "Oh, well, I'm TRYING", freaking YODA dude "Do or do not, there IS NO TRY".  Usually "try" means that they consider doing it, but never actually do it because it's hard.  Your excuses are invalid, no one cares about YOUR excuses, it's only hurting YOU!  At least just be honest with yourself that you are unwilling to change and accept yourself the way you are and stop complaining.  And if you ARE NOT happy, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!  And if you don't want to do something, just say that you don't WANT to, not that you CAN'T.  It's perfectly fine to not want to do something, it is a valid reason; saying you can't, that isn't valid unless you physically can't and it that case it is a reason, not an excuse so this doesn't even apply.

I saw a video of a young man with no limbs (his name is Nick Vujicic, if you want to google him).  He had a wonderful attitude and positive outlook on life, and he was playing soccer and doing other various physical things in the video, on top of being a motivational speaker.  After I saw that I decided that there would never be an excuse I could come up with that would ever justify my lack of action, it made me take a good look at myself and how lucky I am to have my body and health and I need to treat it with respect.  People with less than me, people with less time than me, people with less support than me, do it all day every day all the time.

I work my ass off acheiving my goal, and it's irritating and condescending when people asking me what me "secret" is and roll their eyes when I tell them that I eat less and exercise.  There is no easy way to do this.  If there was a secret, Oprah would be skinny!  It's frustrating when people ask me for my help and then turn around and say they don't have time to exercise or enough money to eat right.  That's bull.  I work, I have 2 kids, 2 dogs, 2 cats, and a husband (last but not least lol), I have a house to take care of (yes, it's a mess, but it's still standing), I have finances to balance, and we have hardly ANY money.  I manage; WE manage!  Eating healthy doesn't cost any more than eating crappy.  If you buy fast food, or eat out at a restaurant, or go out for coffee, or to a bar, if you buy any alcohol or cigarettes, or buy energy drinks, or food from a vending machine -- you can afford to eat healthy.  I challenge anyone who says that to write down every single penny they spend on everything they put in their mouth over the course of a month.  People fool themselves into thinking they don't spend much on unhealthy foods at the grocery store, but don't include all the money they spend on food and drinks outside of the grocery store.  And here's the other thing, if you really wanted to, you could lose weight eating crappy food, you just have to eat less of it, THERE, problem solved.  Ever heard of the Twinkie diet?  Google it.

People will either find a way, or find an excuse.  I choose to find a way, or at the very least admit my unwillingness.
/rant

If you read this and felt like it was directed toward you, it wasn't.  The people that triggered this don't have any idea I even have a blog.

Tomorrow is my follow up fitness assessment, excited to report the results!!!  Also excited to report how the run tonight went.

No comments:

Post a Comment