Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 1, 2012

Obese is a 4 letter word

5.8 more pounds to go until I'm no longer obese!  I'd rather be called just about anything than obese.  It's such an ugly word to me.  Ya it's clinical, but there's some sort of awful crossover from overweight to obese.  Yuck.

I attempted to do a tiny bit of cardio today after my weight training, made it 10 minutes until my leg hurt.  I know, I know, I'm an idiot.  I guess I thought 4 days of rest would be sufficient, obviously the doctor DOES know what he's talking about; go figure.  This sucks though, I signed up for a run that is this coming Thursday, sucks that it's looking like I won't be able to do it.

One interesting thing has happened over the last week.  Eating at my calorie level, less cardio, same or MORE weight loss.  Now this  is something that I've proven to myself over and over, yet I still do it -- an over abundance of cardio combined with low calories does not speed up weight loss, if anything it slows it down.  It is irritating, but actually kind of awesome when you think about it.  I had been doing 5 (or more) hours of cardio per week, 1200 to 1400 calories average, plus weight training.  It was too much for the calorie level, and obviously too much for my body too since I got an injury. 

I have about 9 weeks left until I have to start training for the 1/2 marathon; I will try very hard to allow my leg to heal completely, and then slowly reintroduce cardio.  I think it'd be a good idea for me to do no more than 45 minutes at a time, 3 days of weight training, and aim for 5 days a week instead of 6 or 7.  I have a hard time doing anything in moderation.  That's how I got fat in the first place.  My all or nothing mentality spills over into many areas of my life.  I need to find middle ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment