Powered By Blogger

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Rubberband

Ah well, I had been waiting to post until I made it to my next mini goal of  185.8; I reached 186 yesterday morning and had pizza last night, so it could be a few days now (water weight), figured I'd post anyway.

Met with my trainer yesterday, I always have a great workout with her.  It was my first workout in a week.  Luckily I have been keeping on plan eating-wise, so I still lost weight (3.8 lbs to be exact) last week.  Anyway, it got me back on track and I went to the gym this morning too.  I still can't do cardio because of my injury, so just weights.  I'm really really hoping it heals before the first week of August because that's when my training for the half marathon starts.  BUT, I decided I'm doing that damn thing no matter what, even if I have to crawl it.  I will definitely be disappointed if I can't run the whole way, but I'm doing it!

I've been at this for just over 12 weeks now and have made a lot of progress, even through all of the changes.  I've stuck with it through the ebbs and flows of motivation.  I've rubber-banded back and forth from no exercise, to too much exercise, to none at all again, and have hopefully settled somewhere in the middle.  I've gone as far as to eat basically nothing but veggies for an entire week, to doing nothing special at all, to counting calories and going too low, to landing on a nice amount of calories and focusing on protein intake.

Some days I feel amazing, some days I feel the exact same as I did over 30 pounds ago, some days I feel very confident and can tell a huge difference in my body, some days I feel awful about myself and feel like I'll never be happy with my body.

Since my highest weight in December, I've now lost 50 pounds.  That's a lot of weight!  I can now fit fairly comfortably into my size 14s, and my 16s are loose right out of the dryer, my 18s are like gangster pants (sometimes I like to wear them and listen to Bone Thugs and pretend I'm back in Compton).  The funny thing about losing weight is that while most people would think it would make you feel nothing but GOOD, it can actually make you feel bad too.

1 comment:

  1. I think we all have good day and bad days. Congratulations with your successes!

    ReplyDelete