Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 3, 2013

5 weeks in

Ahhhh, that's better, my blog needed a facelift.  The orange was starting to annoy me.

Anyhow.  I got my 3rd workout in, for the week, yesterday -- which completed and my 5th consecutive week of lifting.  I'm really amazed at the progress I've made.  I'm for sure more fit than I've ever been in my life, and most definitely the strongest I've ever been as well.  I feel like I'm making tons of progress in that area.  I've been successfully maintaining my weight for 5 weeks as well, basically eating whatever, and not counting calories for a while now.  My diet has been decent at best, crappy at worst, so I'm venturing into some experimentation with that.  I feel really good overall, but I've noticed ebbs and flows of lethargy and just dragginess; I'm sure a lot of it has to do with drinking energy drinks and diet soda I've gotten back into drinking, hmmm, the fast food probably doesn't help either.  I'm cutting those out, and for now I'm seeing what it's like to exclude wheat.  I, personally, don't have anything against wheat, I'm not gluten intolerant or anything.  There's so much out right now about the "evils" of wheat, I just kind of want to see if there's anything to that.  I eat quite a bit of wheat on a typical day, so it was definitely missed yesterday, but it went well.  I ate a lot more veggies and some fruit, kind of just naturally, as to replace the spots where wheat would usually be.  I'm certainly not trying to do low carb right now; I still ate rice, and quite a few very starchy veggies, plus fruit.  Mainly just trying to eat more whole foods and just clean up my diet as a whole.  I'd love to be one of those clean eating fanatics!  I don't necessarily see that happening, but smalls steps right!?

No comments:

Post a Comment