Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 4, 2013

Not DREADING Summer


Wow I really need to clean the mirror!
So, living in Phoenix, summer last from St. Patrick's Day until about Halloween.  That's a long ass summer.  And it's freaking hot, dry heat or not.  I've lived in Phoenix all my life, with the exception of about 6 months in Prescott as a child, and 2 semesters in Ohio when I was 19/20.  Summers here suck, there's no question about it.  It's a trade off for the really super awesome winters we have (I HATE snow, and Phoenix respects that).  Anyway, I can't even remember the last time, maybe since I was a small kid, that I wore actual summer clothes.  I have typically just kept up my jeans and t-shirts, at most some capris and jeans are a freaking death trap in the summer.  But not THIS summer.  This summer I'm dressing nice and cool.

I'm already stocking up on skirts (thift shop find in the pic, $3 Gap skirt , size SMALL, ha!  Gap you SO vanity size!) and will have to get some shorts.  It's FUN!  It feels kind of amazing!  I'm actually starting to think WOW I kind of have some decent legs, and my arms are firming up nicely.  It's such a very very weird feeling to start actually liking my body.  I've noticed a change just in the last 5 weeks that I've been lifting consistently.

No real point to this post aside from just being excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment