Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Neat-O

I found a new blog I'm in love with!  A friend of mine linked an entry over on MFP and I got hooked.  I tried a workout setup she had posted about (the goal of having a Muscular and Feminine Physique), and it was AWESOME, kicked my ass.  She posted about doing 20 mins of strength at the beginning when your strongest (makes sense), then doing MRT (Metabolic Resistance Training) so you can get your cardio without doing cardio, then following it up with a Finisher (BLOG HERE).  Here's what I did:

Strength:

Pull Up Negatives:  4 sets of 3.  2 mins rest between sets.

Cleans: 3 sets of 3: 65 lbs.  2 mins rest between sets.

High Pulls: 3 sets of 3: 65 lbs.  2 mins rest between sets.

(Panned to do 5 sets of Cleans, but I'm still new to them and struggling with form and needed to do some High Pulls instead to practice that part of the movement.)


MRT:

Incline Dumbbell Bench Presss: 25 lbs

Rear Lunge with Kettlebell: 35 lbs (1 kb)

Rolling Planks

Bent Over Barbell Row: 45 lbs

Jump Squats

All 8 reps, 15-30 seconds between exercises, 1-2 min reset between rounds, 3 rounds.  (HOLY HELL IT WAS HARD)

Finisher:

Kettlebell Swings: 25 lbs

15-20 reps on the minute, every minute, for 8 minutes.  (DEATH!!!!!!!!!)



The whole thing took exactly an hour.  It was fun, never got bored, was very challenging.  I got to keep my strength stuff, which I LOVE, but got in some cardio without doing cardio (which was AMAZING).


This is my 8th week, and I'm excited to be starting something a little different, but still be able to continue working on what I have been!

No comments:

Post a Comment