Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Radom updates

I'm in my 7th week of maintenance.  7th consecutive week of lifting.  Ups and downs, figuratively and literally.  Still going between 137.2 and 141.8.  Been having lots of great days, some not-so-great days.  Some days I feel really wonderful about the way I look, some days I wanna hide in baggy clothes and can't stand to look at myself in the mirror.  All pretty "normal", I'd say.

I got a wild hair and went for an outside run this past Friday.  It was cool out, a little overcast.  About a mile in the weather turned, super windy, got cold, barely made it home before it started pouring, cold cold rain.  It was a great run.  One of those where I felt like I could go forever.  Was a little disappointed I was driven home by the weather, but I made it exactly 5k, which felt pretty amazing considering I have only run a handful of times in the past months.  Boy I loathe being cold, especially being blindsided by it.  I impressed myself that I didn't start running home the second it started getting windy.  Win for me.

My lifting is going very well.  I'm progressing weekly.  Upping weights, getting stronger, working my way towards a pull up.  Still enjoying it very much.  Well, most of the time.  Last night's workout was a struggle.  I was tired and whiny and wanted to skip it, but I knew I'd regret that so I did it anyway.  Wasn't one of my best workouts, but it was sure as heck better than none at all. 

Still struggling with, and working on, not weighing so often.  I made it 2 and a half days a couple days ago.  That's a record! 

On another random note, found out I have diastatis recti.  Makes a lot of sense.  I noticed something strange months and months ago, it has gotten better since then, but nice to know what it is.  Only about a finger width (maybe tiny bit more) now.

I'm in a weird frame of mind right now and have all kinds of things I'm pondering.  Should I try and lose some more?  Eat in a small deficit daily?  Eat in a medium deficit on non-workout days and maintenance on workout days?   Try Intermittent Fasting again?  If so do I start eating later, or cut of eating earlier?  If I cut off eating earlier that may hinder my workouts that are usually at 7pm, so do I try and hold off on breakfast?  I'm usually cranky if I don't eat in the morning, would that get better eventually?  If so would it be worth it in the short term being cranky until I AM used to it?  Should I start trying to add cardio back in more often?  Or just when the mood strikes?  Will my midsection ever look decent?  Should I count calories again for a while?  Should I focus on macros again?

Another random thing, I want to start doing yoga.

See, I'm all over the place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment