Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Been a while

Not much to report.

I'm in week 4 of consistently lifting.  That feels really good, and I'm enjoying lifting heavier, lower reps.  I'm able to increase my weight almost every time.  It's pretty awesome feeling strong.

Cardio, meh.  Didn't do but maybe once last week, none this week so far.  Unless you count the housework and chasing after the kids.

Had been counting calories, but I do get sick of it easily.  Been maintaining my weight between about 138 and 141.  If I see a reason to return to counting I will.

I had an NSV yesterday.  I bought a new skirt (well, new to me, I got it for $4 at Goodwill -- looked brand new, from Old Navy).  I bought a new dress 2 weeks ago (new, new for real), but didn't notice what I noticed  yesterday. . . No chub rub!  Man, this summer is going to be so much cooler than the summers of the past.  I haven't worn anything but jeans and t-shirts during the summers forever and ever.  Now I can wear skirts, dresses, tanks and shorts!?  Ok, yes I realize I COULD have worn them before, but I wasn't comfortable doing so.

I'm still struggling with feeling fat and feeling like I need to lose more weight.  But I'm really trying to be patient with the lifting.  If NOTHING else this will be a very nice break and IF I decided to go back into a calorie deficit and shoot to lose more, maybe my body will respond more readily after this maintenance break.

No comments:

Post a Comment