Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 4, 2013

Breaking Habits

I've completed an entire week of maintenance calories and consistent working out.  Obviously that isn't a long time, but for me that's a big milestone with how much I've been struggling lately!  I got a 30 minute, intense interval, cardio session in last night and today is lifting -- which I'm looking forward to (exciting).  I have a plan, doing well following it, working on paying attention to thought patterns, and tendancies to stress about the scale and food.  I think it's time to take another step, one which will be very hard, and I'm nervous about. 

Over the past week I've only weighed in ONCE per day (except yesterday I snuck a weigh in on the analog scale, which I shouldn't have), down from every time I went to the bathroom, or more.  I weighed in this morning, and I plan to not weigh again until next Monday.  This makes me anxious!!!  I don't really *want* to not weigh, but it's something I need to let go of for my mental health.  I know that this calorie level isn't piling on a million pounds so there's no reason to worry I will gain weight unintentionally.  I'm working out HARD on top of that.  If I am going to switch focus to body recomposition and strength, the scale needs to take a back seat.  Really, the scale needs to be in the trunk!  I feel it's important for me to weigh-in to ensure accountability, but daily certainly isn't necessary for me at this point, and in truth it gets to me when it fluctuates up, even though rationally I know it's not FAT gain.  It only makes sense to take the focus of the scale - physically, if I'm trying to take the focus of the scale - mentally.  I'm uncomfortable doing this, which is a big sign to me that it's the right thing to do.  My comfort zone hasn't been getting me anywhere positive, so I'm taking steps a little at a time, to break from my comfort zone; it hasn't been all that comfortable anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment