Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Feeling Good

If I'd have blogged yesterday it would have had a much different tone (bad day), but today I'm feeling rather chipper.

I officially completed week 4 of lifting 3 days a week!  AND we got our barbell yesterday.  We had bought one at Walmart that was just crappy; it was 3 pieces and I don't know if it was defective or just a total piece of crap but I returned it and ordered the other off of Amazon, free shipping, and it came super fast.  It's awesome.  PLUS we found an cool little store called Sport and Fitness Exchange and bought four 25 pound plates.  They sell plates for just $.50 a lb!  They had a bunch of stuff.  I'm going to keep my eye out for a Spin bike.  We already have so much stuff, it's a good investment to continue to build our collection.

In other news, I cancelled my gym membership.  I'm loving lifting at home.  We have MORE than enough stuff, plus my in-laws who live on the next street (as I mentioned before) have even more weight, Olympic bars, plus a squat rack.  I'm set.  Cardio is easy to come by; run out side, do a dvd, jump around, whatever!  I wasn't utilizing the gym enough to justify the payment and I told myself if I worked out at home consistently for a month that proved I didn't need the gym.  Jason is training me, and I have enjoyed my workouts more in the past month than I ever have.  It's nice not having to plan it out or thing about it.  I'm stronger than I've ever been in my life, and I didn't need a gym to do it.

Still haven't been counting calories but my weight has been holding steady between 138.4  and 139.8 for the past week.  Not too shabby!  I'm anxious to see how my measurements are on Thursday.  I'm not expecting much of a change, but we will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment