Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Boring update

Today was my first full day not using the scale.  And I only weighed myself ONCE yesterday.  This is a big deal for me.  It was not nearly as hard as I thought it would be!  I ate well yesterday; hit my macros and set calories for the day, and I was right on today as well.  With the New Rules program I get to eat A LOT more than I have been.  On a workout day right at 2000, on a rest day right around 1700.  I'm used to eating so much less, it's so weird to be able to eat so much!  Good weird!  Anyway, it was a relief not weighing myself, but since I'm tracking my calories, and getting my workouts in, I'm not stressed about it.  It's really nice to just be trying to focus on the health and fitness rather than the scale.

My workout yesterday went really well!  It's a pretty simple workout, 5 exercises, 2 sets each, some supersets, and this portion of the program takes about a half hour (not bad!).  It's a fairly intense workout though, the weights are heavy (of course 'heavy' is relative), and I'm sore!  Feels good though.  I have the 2nd workout of the 1st program tomorrow (the 2 workouts to be alternated throughout the first 6 weeks), and I'm looking forward to it!  It is meant to be done 3 days a week, which is very realistic.  I just did some moderate walking afterwards yesterday.  I'm headed to the gym again tonight for some cardio too.  I love that my mom is my gym buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment