Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 23, 2012

28 Days - Day 1

Down to business.  Day after Thanksgiving and exactly 28 days until Luke's 1st birthday; which of course is exciting in and of itself, but also marks the 1 year anniversary of my high weight.  I have had a goal of losing 100 pounds within that year, even though I didn't actually start seriously until the end of March (that anniversary holds its own goals).  So I decided to stop feeling sorry for myself, and get serious.  Now, of course I very well may not make my goal, it is rather lofty, especially since it's basically the last 10-15 pounds, which are the most difficult.  But it's sure worth a try.  My husband is in on it too, with his own goals of course, and the focus being not allowing Thanksgiving to roll into a month of eating very badly in anticipation of Luke's birthday followed closely by Christmas, followed closely by New Years with all of the leftovers and treats people send home on top of it all.

So here are my goals for this self imposed 28 day challenge:
  • Count Calories daily again: 1200-1500
  • Weight Training 3 days/week: Full body (planning to start NROLFW in January with my goal at this point just being to get consistent with my workouts again)
  • Cardio 3 days/week: Minimum of 30 minutes
  • Stretching and/or Foam Rolling on workout days
  • I'd really like to blog daily just to keep me accountable, so that's a side goal.

Starting weight:
Day 1, 11/23 - 147

Goal weight:
136

So, obviously, that's 11 pounds in 28 days!  Like I said, lofty!  11 would have been hard when I was 50 pounds heavier, now it's nearly impossible.  But I no matter how much I lose, I'm that much closer to my goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment