Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

And Tuesday She Rested

I feel better today, after my temper tantrum yesterday.  My weight was back down this morning plus .4, so I still may make it to my 10 pounds for the month after all; 9 days and 2.8 pounds left, it could go either way.

Back in March I joined a Memorial Day Challenge on a forum I frequent.  I pledged to go from 219.8 to 196 by Memorial Day.  I made that goal today.  I am proud of that, but it has somehow been overshadowed by, what I percieve to be, my failure to lose 3 pounds last week.  I'm really struggling mentally right now, and I think it probably has to do with being so tired.

I decided Tuesdays are my rest day, since I took last Tuesday off I figured I might as well make it the same this week.  My body is tired, I'm achey, I'm sore, and if I don't be careful I'm going to injure myself.  I have to take a step back and make sure that I am not overtraining.  It's an easy pattern for me to slip back into, same with restricting my calories too low for too long.  I still consider myself sedentary, even though I have been working out 6 to 7 days per week pretty intensly.  I haven't been taking that into account when considering my calorie level.  While that may, or may not, be the reason my weight loss has slowed the last few days, I don't know.  But I know for sure it is why I'm so sluggish and grouchy and overall just feel kinda bad.  These are patterns and habits that have creeped back in over the past week or so.  I'm aware of it, so I am working on it.

________________________________________

Goals so far: 20/28, 8/12, 925/1200, 7.2/10

No comments:

Post a Comment