Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

End of an Era & 8 Weeks Today

It was the end of an era!  A wonderful 23 day gym streak came to a tragic end yesterday!  I took a well deserved rest day due to a combo of a massive headach, stress, and being plain ol' tired, and felt extremely guilty for it.  Got up this morning and went to the gym right away due to fear that my 1 day off would result in 2 days off and then snowball into never going again.  Phew!  I got some problems in my head don't I!?  Honestly I'm considering going again tonight to make up for yesterday, although I know it's silly (logically) to feel bad for missing 1 measly day, I still do.  I meet with my trainer tomorrow, and I will be very happy to report to her I have done every single workout I committed to doing since the last time I saw her!  How's that for being awesome!?

I've been at this 8 weeks today and am down 23 pounds in that 8 weeks, 39.2 total!  I have had better results the past 8 days than just about ever, and I fully believe it's the combination of counting calories, eating a lot of protein, doing a lot of cardio, and getting 3 weight training sessions in per week.  I have done all of these things before and in various combinations, but never all in combination simultaneously!  I have been using My Fitness Pal to track my calories; I have used Fit Day and Spark People before as well as just using a physical food journal, but I like MFP the best.  This is where the little button on the top right corner of my blog is from.  If you are interested at all, it's totally free and you can "friend" me if you join.

It's pretty much exactly half way through the month at this moment and I am WELL on my way to accomplishing all of the goals I have set out for myself.  I am just 3.8 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight!  It's so close I can taste it!  While 3.8 is A LOT to lose in one week (contrary to what The Biggest Loser would lead you to believe (I LOVE Biggest Loser BTW)), I am really really really going to try to get there within a week.  We will see!  I like setting tons of different goals, if I don't reach them in the allotted time that's ok, it's still motivation to work hard!

________________________________________
Goals so far: 15/28, 6/12, 660/1200, 6.4/10

2 comments:

  1. You are incredible and doing amazing! One rest day is definitely good if your body needs it. I feel the same guilt when I skip a gym day. Oh how things have changed right?!

    Have a WONDERFUl week :)

    ReplyDelete