Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 7, 2012

Progress is Progress

Happy birthday to my little girl, I can't believe it has been 3 whole years!

Got back on track yesterday and the scale reflected it big time today, I had lost all that I had gained over the weekend, plus an extra 1!  I really wanted to lose 3 this past week, but I'm happy with a 2 considering how badly I ate for 3 days!  Only 8.2 pounds to go until my pre-pregnancy weight!  It took me well over a year after I had Emma to get all that weight off (I wasn't really trying until after a year), so I'm very please I'm getting so close, it will be a huge milestone!  I kind of feel like the pregnancy weight doesn't really count, which I realize is silly, but I feel like I won't really be losing "real" weight until I get to my pre-pregnancy weight.

My workouts have been great.  I've been able to stick to 60 minutes of cardio on "off" days, and 20 minutes of cardio on weight training days.  I have been weight training 3 days a week since I started back at the gym.  It's been working very well for me.  I can already tell my endurance is improving.  I have yet to miss a day at the gym.  I will eventually take a day off, but I want to get a few weeks under my belt before I do.  Part of me is scared if I take a day off I'll never go back, I know that is a silly fear, but I figure working out every day is just fine.

Although I admittedly over did it this weekend (starting Thursday night) on the junk food, I really did do pretty well overall (obviously if the weekend weight is already off, plus some; it took me almost a week to get off the 2 pounds I gained on Easter, now that weekend I WAY over did it).  I decided at the beginning of this that I would really try to change my behaviors, some of those include being very hard on myself.  So while I need to be accountable for my actions at all times, I also need to give myself credit for the small victories.  One cannot change bad behaviors overnight and never look back.  It takes work to keep old habits at bay, any progress is still progress.

I work early tomorrow so my plan is to go to the gym before work and get ready there, go to work, come home and pick up the kids for story time, go home and have lunch, play with the kids, then at 3pm I have an appointment for a fitness assessment at the gym.  They do them every month or so to track progress.  It includes things like blood pressure, cardio endurance, flexibility, and quite a few other things I can't remember.  It will be nice to have another way to track my progress.

I'm really hoping that next Monday I will be able to report a 3 pound loss!  Although I'm (not so) secretly hoping for 4 to make up for the pound this week.  That is a lofty goal!  We will see what happens.  I know you will be on the edge of your seats!

____________________________________

Goals so far: 7/28, 3/12, 340/1200, 2/10 (That's more like it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment