Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 15, 2012

End of Challenge

One of the really fabulous side effects of this week has been Emma's new found curiosity with what I'm eating.  She has tried more new vegetables this week (with absolutely no coaxing from me) than ever in her life!  Sometimes I forget how much little ones watch our every move and mimic our behavior.  It has pushed me and inspired me to keep with it and make this a life long way of eating.  Kids really don't buy the whole "do as I say and not as I do" attitude, you really do have to lead by example.  And the good thing is that it is never too late to be a good example.  In fact, I think that it's a super great to show kids that a person has the power to change their behaviors at any time.  I'm very blessed to have a husband who not only supports me in basically everything I do, or attempt, but who also has desire to lead a healthy life.

Another person who has been inspiring me is my brother.  He has struggled with drug addiction for years, and 37 days ago made a change in his life, the hardest change he's ever had to make.  He is 37 days clean today and I am so unbelievably proud of him that it chokes me up every time I think about it.  I know that if he can do what he's doing, that I can eat some damn vegetables and refrain from binging on cookies!  It puts things in perspective for me BIG time.

I have to admit I did cheat today.  I bought a Yonanas and made a banana strawberry one for Emma, and I tasted it.  So 1 bite of fruit tarnished my perfect week.  Ahhhhhhh, the shame!!!  Also I didn't workout yesterday :o or yet today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment