Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 22, 2012

If at first you don't succeed...

The last couple days have been rough mentally.  I went totally off plan yesterday after it had been leading up to that for 2 days prior.  I tend to get very down on myself when I do that.  What set me off was the (excuse the language) total bitch at the gym on Thursday.  I can take bitchiness, I work at a high school for goodness sake, but I think it was that I was so excited to go back to the gym and she kind of rained on my parade.  So I basically spent 3 days sulking about my ruined plans.  Wow, what a big huge baby!  Not-so-long-story even shorter, I went to a different gym today and Jason and I joined.  It's only a few miles away, and it's brand new.  The guy was really nice and the rate was better than the other gym anyway (take that stupid gym skank).  So I went home and changed and went back and worked out.  I need that reason to get out of the house and now I have it.  I'm super stoked (do people still say stoked?).  I'm planning to get up before Jason goes to work tomorrow and get a workout in.  Not to say I would never go at night, but I'm more likely to get it done early when I'm not so exhausted from life all day.  I got back on plan today with a mini-fast and sensible dinner, and lots of water of course.  Back on track now. 

One thing I have learned over years of diets, weight loss attempt successes and failures, is that you don't have to be perfect 100% of the time, but you do have to keep trying.  One slip up doesn't ruin everything (this I have to keep telling myself all the time because I still don't quite believe it), just as one amazing day doesn't get you to your goal.  I have all the pieces of the puzzle now, now it's just a matter of putting the puzzle together.


No comments:

Post a Comment