Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 2, 2012

Excuses, Excuses

Almost 2 weeks ago now I decided to stop bull-shitting myself, stop with the excuses, and if I was unhappy with something in my life that I needed to stop complaining about it and change it.  Boy, I don't think I ever realized how many excuses I have for myself in one given day.  I read a quote (don't know who said it or if this is it exactly) that said something to the effect of "If you are still making excuses for your actions, then you aren't ready to change them".  Boy, it's really hard to be brutally honest with yourself, that's probably why so many people are not!  I keep reminding myself that things usually get worse before they get better, but this has turned into much more than just about "letting myself go", which I guess shouldn't surprise me.  Being overweight is rarely as simple as liking cake too much, although I do like me some cake (obvs).  It would be like saying a drug addict just likes getting high, or an alcoholic just likes to drink.  Ya it's as "simple" as not overeating, and exercising; or it's as "simple" as just quit doing drugs or drinking alcohol.  Simple doesn't mean EASY!  It's never easy to make big changes in your life, and if you want them to be permanent changes, you have to put the work in, no matter what that change is (wow, how many times can I say 'change' in one sentence?).

I will blog a full report of my losses on May 1st, whether or not they are stupendous or humbling.  I took all my measurements, as well as my body fat % on March 31st, and have been tracking my weight since day 1.  I am excited to have this accountability.  No matter how few people read this is irrelevant, the fact that it's out there makes me feel a certain extra motivation, which I need.

Tonight I will make no excuses for why I can't go for a run.  Tonight I WILL run, just like the other nights I said I will and have.  Tonight I will push a little harder, and tomorrow I will be glad I did.

2 comments: