Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Newer Goals

As the end of April nears I'm excited to post all of my losses (I will do so 4/30).  I weigh myself all the time so I know how much weight I've lost this month (there's still 2 days left), but I've snuck a couple early measurements and I'm thrilled with what I've seen.  Actually getting to the end of this month and having been consistent (not perfect, but consistent) is a huge motivator for me; I've inspired myself, and in doing so I'm more awesome.  I do feel like part of my motivation is that I've put all of this out there to all the millions who read my blog (and by millions I mean all 3 of you, HA!), so the accountability is higher.  I've put together some goals and would like to post them as to remain accountable throughout the months ahead.  My high weight happened at 9 months pregnant this past December, and all of the numbers will be based off of that weight.  And while I know it really doesn't matter in the end, I'm just not quite ready to share exact weights yet.  So here are my goals.


1. By my 30th birthday (August 29, 2012) my goal is to have lost a total of 66 pounds or more (remember that's from my high weight, not from today, I've already put a 30+ pounds dent in that sucker).

2. By Halloween my goal is to have lost a total of 82 pounds or more.

3. Run the Mud Factor 5k November 17th, 2012.

4. By March 22nd, 2013 (the year anniversary from when I started this journey), my goal is to have lost a total of 100 pounds or more.  And in case you are wondering it will put me at a perfectly normal and reasonable weight for my height (5'6" tall).

All of the weight goals are based off of a 2 lb a week average loss, so it's totally reasonable.  Don't freak out!  Calm down!  I'm doing this in a healthy way, not counting on 5 lbs a week or anything crazy.  I'm working hard for this and have recently revised my ultimate weight loss goal.  Why?  Because I have a certain weight in my head that I think I can achieve because I've been that weight before, and I looked good.  But I know that I could've gotten in better shape than that, so even though I haven't been at that weight before, I know I CAN if I work my ass off (literally) for it.

I hope to add more goals that aren't weight related.  I want to run a marathon eventually, but I think I might put that for like January 2014, but I'll see where I'm at as months go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment